In no particular order…
1. SAP Partner Summit, which I am at right now to hear the direction of SAP from a partner perspective, especially with recent disruptive technology announcements of HANA Suite, HEC (HANA Enterprise Cloud), etc.
2. SAP presenting HFOBD (Human Face of Big Data) story at an exclusive event tonight at 6.30 pm – Steve Lucas SAP EVP & Rick Smolan are presenting the HFOBD project which is very interesting considering EMC was one of the founding sponsors of this project. Perhaps this is another area of “glue” between SAP and EMC that will accelerate this week (?)
3. Customer meetings while at Sapphire AND the # of customer meetings (8 as of now) you can fit over 3-4 days. I look forward to asking questions, listening, sharing our strategy and sharing my views on how we can better align around our SAP customer’s goals and initiatives.
4. SAP Ecosystem Partner meetings with SIs, SPs, and Boutique consulting firms (7 as of now) to better understand how we can work together in the SAP Ecosystem to Co-Innovate faster for our joint customers. Just had the fortune to have lunch with Alexander Zeier of Accenture who is one of the original founders of HANA with Hasso Platner and also co-author of “In-Memory Data Management” by Plattner – Zeier. Need to get a copy signed by my new friend Alexander.
5. Meetings and interactions with SAP including all the SAP Mentors. I am fortunate to have many good friends at SAP who have helped me tremendously in navigating the inner SAP circle as well as the partner ecosystem. Always look forward to spending some quality time with some of these guys who I view as some of the top innovators and thought leaders in the industry.
6. SAP Executive Keynotes: Bill McDermott (co-CEO), my Danish/Swedish friend Jim Hagemann Snabe (Co-CEO), Vishal Sikka (CTO) and Hasso Plattner (Founder and head of the Board). The SAP Sapphire keynotes are always entertaining and Grande. Last year they started with Actor Gabriel Byrne giving a 15 mins SAP Strategy and value prop. Who doesn’t like a top actor from one of the best movies of all time (Usual Suspects) kicking off a corporate keynote?!
I also sent a message to Jim Hagemann Snabe to see if he is open for a 10 mins Danish/Swedish “Kaffe rast” (Scandinavian Coffee moment)…doubt that he has time. But who knows 🙂
7. Our friends Dave Vellante & John Furrier from Wikibon, SiliconAngle TV, the Cube are here. We got some time with them in the Cube on Tuesday afternoon – I love these guys; they deliver news and information in “Real Time” (just like HANA). These guys make me think of one of my favorite quotes (I believe it came from Bill McDermott): “Make the news…don’t report the news”
8. A ton of EMC, EMC IT, VCE, VMware, Cisco and Partner Presentations going on the whole week in theater format, micro forums as well in various booth locations. Way too many to mention however, if you are interested, the ones I am involved in are Wednesday at Noon in the Partner Theater around Private Cloud for SAP & Thursday at 4 pm at VMware’s booth around Why VMware + EMC for SAP
9. Evening events! Between Customer dinners and partner evening events, the schedule could not be more filled up. I will probably hit the following events this week: Partner Summit Reception (Mon), HFOBD Reception (Mon), Optimal Solutions (Mon), Wipro (Tues), Secure24/EMC/Sparta Consulting (Tues), Microsoft (Tues), CapGemini (Wed), CSC/EMC (Wed), Deloitte/EMC (Wed). We will also need some sleep somewhere in between these events and the morning keynotes!!
10. Social Media Action with Twitter, LinkedIn, Sap Community Network (SCN), Blogs, Everything SAP at EMC etc. The SAP Ecosystem are professionals at social media. They practically live on Twitter (especially the SAP Mentors). Expect to see some Tweets using #SAPP2P (Partner Summit) and #Sapphirenow (for the main event) combined with #EMC, VCE and so on. Feel free to join the Twitteracci fun with us. Rumor has it @sylvie75016 & @cstreubert came prepared for major battle 🙂
11. Vblock for SAP users Group Thursday at 5.30 pm at the Peabody. In 2013 if you are NOT deploying a Private Cloud for SAP (On Premise or Off Premise with a Service Provider) to reduce your current TCO, my prediction is that you will fall in the innovation curve for the ability to be more Agile…reacting and moving at the pace that the business comes to expect in order to have a competitive edge.
P.S. Rumor also has it that EMC EVP & CMO, Jeremy Burton will be here for the SAP CMO Forum on Wednesday. That would very cool. Lets bring out some Transformation Mojo from EMC World!!